Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Purple is the new blue

I went to the store looking for lilac copic markers and the only two colors I found are the ones I used on this stamp. When I started coloring I couldn't believe how dark they looked! But I didn't have time to start over. Has this ever happened to anyone other than me? Well, I had to keep going and found the DP that became the base for everything else to follow. Now to the title... I am feeling a little creatively blue. See, my partner "in card (crime)" is Ivonne. When I get stuck, I text her a photo and the reason why I am stuck and she replies or calls me and helps me through it. This is something we do for each other. And as some of you know from her previous posts, she is with her beautiful daughter on her school trip in Europe. I miss them so much!!! I think that's the reason that I still went ahead with the purple...because of feeling blue. Hope it makes sense to you!

Front of card:

Side view:

Detail of stamp:

This card was created using stamp from: Magnolia "Tilda with balloon; Paper: cardstock-DCVW "Le Tres Chic"; DP - Kate Knight "Spring Fling" - Designer Paper Stack and embellishments, Flower centers: Prima. Lace, ribbon and other embellishments from my stack. This image was stamped with Memento ink and colored with copic markers.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Week #4 - Sketch: Midweek Magnolias
MIM #83 - Anything Goes: Make It Monday
Challenge #185 - No Easter Card: Stamp with fun
Challenge #93 - Bingo (ribbon-lace-purple): Stamps & fun = creativity
Weekly Challenge #4 - Anything Goes: Tammy's Scrapping Corner
Challenge #140 - Easter Inspired: Magnolia Down Under Challenges
1st Fashionista Challenge - Anything goes for girls: Fashionista Challenge












13 comments:

  1. Oh I am sorry you feel Blue. It is always great to have a good friend. I love having that feeling.

    I love the purple and I think it is perfect not too dark. I love the shadowing.

    Thanks for Entering the Challenge
    At Tammy's Scrapin Corner.

    Good Luck Winner will be announced on Sunday Evening.

    I hope to see you enter next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so very pretty, I love the colour purple, I don't use it enough. Your take on our sketch is fabulous. Thank you for sharing your lovely work with us at Midweek Magnolias.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute...this is one of my favorite Tilda's and you have colored her beautifully!!!!
    Thank you so much for linking up with MIM this week! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM...the more comments left, the greater your chance of winning the second prize! Good luck!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! I love the purples and your coloring too! This turned out lovely!

    Please consider joing our DT call.

    Thanks for joining in at http://fashionistachallenge.blogspot.com/

    DT Coordinator,

    Rina

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very sweet, I love your sparkly balloon, thanks so much for joining us at Midweek Magnolias
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful! I am still on my 'Copic Journey' having only really started using them a couple of weeks ago. I did used to love my Promarkers but I prefer the vibrancy of Copics but I am finding them not as easy to use as the PM's! I have absolutely NO purples in my collection at all - I really, really struggle to use purple in anything as it's not a colour I like to use although I love how others use it. And this card is no exception, I love how you used the purple with silver and made great use of the sketch! Thanks for joining us again at Midweek Magnolias! :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your card came out beautifully Kathya! The purples are so pretty. I really like the lace around your image and those fun sequin embellishments. :-) So sad you're missing your friend, but I'm thankful you have her to share your crafting fun with. Hope she and her daughter are having a wonderful time. I offered to travel in her suitcase, guess there wasn't room. LOL Hugs to you Kathya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty Kathya!!
    Purple is my favorite color. Saw this card on MIM.
    Hugz Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect in Purple - fabulous job!
    Thanx so much for joining us at MDUC this week for our Easter challenge.
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love purple and I love your card. Your colouring is fabulous and the papers and details are a perfect match.

    Thank you so much for joining us at the 1st Fashionista Challenge. Good luck with the Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.

    Laine

    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi

    Wow, I think you did a marvelous job with the colouring, Tilda looks beautiful! Such a pretty card.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a nice card - love the image and the color - so great! Thanks for joining Stamp with Fun.
    Big hug
    Andrea-Emmi41

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful creation!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Fashionista Challenge..
    Hugs Natalie xx

    ReplyDelete