Sunday, October 7, 2012

Happy Birthday, beautiful girl!


Hello fellow crafters! I hope everyone is having a nice weekend. Today's card is the one I made for someone very close to my heart: Ivonne’s daughter, Monica.  It is hard for me to explain how I feel about her but I will try.  It’s like this: God blessed me with two wonderful boys; I did not get to have a daughter. But He sent my way a beautiful girl in Monica so that I don’t feel that I missed anything. I don’t live close to them, an ocean separates us. But now we are closer than ever even with that distance. She is such a great soul, makes me laugh so hard sometimes (without knowing that this adult at that precise moment is going through a hard time) and also has the ability to say the most mature thing at the most unexpected moment and I can’t help but love her with all my heart.  Mind you that she is all of these things while still being a normal 17 year old, very smart, very beautiful girl.

She loves animals, especially dogs.  Her dream is to go to college to become a veterinarian and she is studying very hard for it. When I saw this image on the CD I immediately thought of us and printed it for her birthday card.  The dog represents her, for her love of dogs (her hair is brown) and I am the kat (my hair is black) and I am finishing wrapping her gift. The little mouse is my youngest son, Nick (14) giving her his gift and probably telling her what’s inside. This is something he has done since he was able to talk. He can’t help himself!

So here is the card for this wonderful birthday girl. I hope you enjoy it! 

Front of the card: 


Inside view:
 
Front of card with a surprise tag:
(the center flower is a tag holding the "steps" card closed)
 
 
Side view with the tag:
 
Detail of image:
 
Another look at the front of the card:
 
 
This card was created using a freebie image on a CD from Quick Cards Magazine"Summer Celebrations" by Adam Prescott; DP - another freebie from Cardmaking & Papercraft Magazine: Fancy Pants Design "Beach Babe"; La-La Land Crafts Dies: Filigree Corner Die; Sizzix Dies: Squares, Scallops; metal charm, flowers and other embellishments are from my stash. This image was colored with Copic markers.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Punches and/or Diecuts for Kids: Send a Smile 4 Kids
Challenge 42 - Go Pink: Dream Valley Challenges
19th Challenge, "Anything Goes": Craftymess Challenge Blog
Animals Acting Like People Challenge: Di's Digi Designs Challenges
Challenge #5 - Flowers: Delicious Doodles Challenges
Paper Pretties Wednesday Challenge - PWC226: Paper Pretties
 
Smooches, Kathya



13 comments:

  1. now thats cute thanks for joying us at craftymess xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo cute! I'm sure she'll adore it, even more so because of how personal it is. Lovely Kathya! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really lovely creation hun.. like the step card too.

    Thank you so much for joining us at Delicious Doodles this week in our Flowers Challenge!

    Hugs,
    Krafty Karen - DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute and what a nice story. Happy Birthday to your surrogate daughter! :) Thanks for joining us at Jellypark! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad He blessed you with such a sweet "daughter". She'll love this card and the gorgeous colors and image.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, love the image, thanks for joining us at craftymess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a darling and sweet birthday card this is. Love it! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  8. What gorgeous coloura and such a sweet stamp, very pretty
    Hugs julie P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely lovely card. Such a sweet image. Ideal for the dog-lover in all of us.
    Thanks for sharing with us in the Craftymess Anything goes challenge.
    Ax

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous sweetie, I love your colours too, perfect, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute card and lovely pastel colours! Yummy! Thanks for joining us at Di's digi challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kathya, this is the most adorable image and card! So cute! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a gorjuss make, love the colours, thank you so much for joining us at Craftymess challenge blog

    Hugs
    Judie xx

    ReplyDelete