Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Happy Birthday, Hun!

Hi everyone! The weather is very beautiful here today so I want to take a moment to share the card I made for my husband's birthday. I used a fun digital image from Meljen's Design that I colored with my copic markers.

Inside the card, I folded a piece of cream cardstock and positioned the fold of the paper below the top cutting edge of the die cut so as to leave part of the fold uncut. That way it opens up like a page. I cut another piece of cream cardstock (with the same size die cut) and printed the sentiment on that one. Afterwards, I glued it over the previous folded double page making it possible for me to write my own loving words to him hidden right under the sentiment. He was surprised when he thought I forgot to sign it and I told him: "Look under it", he he! I hope you like it. Have a nice week!
 
Front view 
 
Open View:
 
Sentiment:
  
 
My sentiment:
 
 
 
This card was created using image from Meljen's Designs Digital Stamps – "Fancy Gift Digi"; DP: We R Memory Keepers "Hip Hip Hooray" and Bazzill; Dies: Go Kreate. Other embellishments are from my stash. This image was colored with Copic markers.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Stamping Sensnsations: March: One For the Guys
Get Creative Challenges: Challenge #11 - Must Use A Die Cut
Die Cuttin' Divas: CH#209: Anything Goes
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Wonderful Wednesday-Anything Goes
Everybody-Art-Challenge: 318-Anything Goes
Crafting With An Attitude: Challenge 1 Free Style (Anything Goes)
 
Hugs, Kathya

7 comments:

  1. A great card for the Guys Kathya, thanks so much for joining in at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card!! Thank you for joining us at Crafting with an Attitude, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card, bet your husband loved it

    Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww so sweet. The way you did the sentiment is really fun Kathya and I like all the fun shapes too. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, love colours combo !!! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenge!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an Awesome card!

    Thank you for joining us at Die Cuttin Divas!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete